Recurrent localised gingival overgrowth: A case report
Localised Gingival Enlargement
Pyogenic granuloma is a hemorrhagic nodule that happens utmost often on the gingiva (although it can occur on any surface) and that has a robust penchant to persist after simple excision if the connected irritant is not removed. Clinically these lesions usually present as single nodule or sessile papule with smooth or lobulated surface. These may be seen in any size from a few millimeters to several centimeters. Here, we report a case of Pyogenic granuloma in the gingiva of a 20 years old female patient which reoccurred after excisional biopsy.
2. Greenberg MS, Glick M: Burket's oral medicine Diagnosis & treatment. Tenth edition. B C Decker inc; 2003:141-142.
3. Narendra S, Bose C, Rout N. Oral pyogenic granuloma: One reactive hyperplastic lesion of the gingiva. Int J Res Med Sci. 2015 Dec;3:3863-8.
4. Amirchaghmaghi M, Falaki F, Mohtasham N, Mozafari PM. Extragingival pyogenic granuloma: a case report. Cases journal. 2008 Dec;1(1):1-3.
5. Mussalli NG, Hopps RM, Johnson NW. Oral pyogenic granuloma as a complication of pregnancy and the use of hormonal contraceptives. International Journal of Gynecology & Obstetrics. 1976 Mar;14(2):187-91.
6. Jafarzadeh H, Sanatkhani M, Mohtasham N. Oral pyogenic granuloma: a review. Journal of oral science. 2006;48(4):167-75.
7. Kamal R, Dahiya P, Puri A. Oral pyogenic granuloma: Various concepts of etiopathogenesis. Journal of oral and maxillofacial pathology: JOMFP. 2012 Jan;16(1):79.
8. Marla V, Shrestha A, Goel K, Shrestha S. The histopathological spectrum of pyogenic granuloma: a case series. Case reports in dentistry. 2016 Jun 12;2016.
9. Regezi JA, sciubba , James J, Jordan Richors CK: Oral Pathology, clinical pathologic correlation Fourth edition. Sanders Company; 2003:115-76.
10. S. R. Gomes, Q. J. Shakir, P. V. Thaker, and J. K. Tavadia, “Pyogenic granuloma of the gingiva: a misnomer?—a case report and review of literature,” Journal of Indian Society of Periodontology, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 514–519, 2013