I-PRF Incorporated Absorbable Collagen Membrane for GTR based Recession Coverage : A Case Report
Collagen membrane with I-PRF for recession coverage.
Introduction: Gingival recession defects in the esthetic zone demands a concurrent correction of all the involved teeth in a single surgery. Wound healing is a complex phenomenon and the concurrent use of collagen membrane and Injectable Platelet rich fibrin (I-PRF) will greatly enhance the process. Thus the aim of this case report is to evaluate the effectiveness of Coronally advanced flap (CAF) with collagen and I-PRF in the management of gingival recession management. There was 90% mean root coverage and good patient esthetic satisfaction. Thus CAF with collagen and PRF is an effective treatment modality in the management of multiple gingival recessions.
2. Pini Prato G, Pagliaro U, Baldi C, et al. Coronally advanced flap procedure for root coverage. Flap with tension versus flap without tension: A randomized controlled clinical study. J Periodontol 2000;71:188-201.
3. Aroca, S., Keglevich, T., Barbieri, B., Gera, I., & Etienne, D. Clinical evaluation of a modified coronally advanced flap alone or in combination with a platelet‐rich fibrin membrane for the treatment of adjacent multiple gingival recessions: A 6‐month study. J Periodontol 2009;80:244–252.
4. Miron RJ, Kobayashi MF, Hernandez M, Kandalam U, Zhang Y, Ghanaati S et al. Injectable platelet rich fibrin (i-PRF): opportunities in regenerative dentistry. Clin Oral Investig 2017;2:2063-69.
5. Wend S, Kubesch A, Orlowska A, Al-Maawi S, Zender N, Dias A, et al. Reduction of the relative centrifugal force influences cell number and growth factor release within injectable prf-based matrices. J. Mater Sci Mater Med. 2017;28:188.
6. Al-Hamdan K, Eber R, Sarment D, Kowalski C, Wang HL. Guided tissue regeneration-based root coverage: meta-analysis. J Periodontol 2003;74:1520-1533.
7. Hwang D, Wang HL. Flap thickness as a predictor of root coverage: a systematic review. J Periodontol 2006;77:1625- 1634.
8. Tatakis DN, Trombelli L. Gingival recession treatment: guided tissue regeneration withbioabsorbable membrane versus connective tissue graft. J Periodontol. 2000;71(2):299- 307.
9. Eren, G., Kantarcı, A., Sculean, A., & Atilla, G. Vascularization after treatment of gingival recession defects with platelet‐rich fibrin or connective tissue graft. Clin Oral Investig 2016;20:2045–2053.
10. Karde PA, Sethi KS, Mahale SA, Khedkar SU, Patil AG, Joshi CP. Comparative evaluation of platelet count and antimicrobial efficacy of injectable platelet-rich fibrin with other platelet concentrates An in vitro study. J Indian Soc Periodontol 2017;21:97.
11. Kyyak S, Blatt S, Pabst A, Thiem D, Al-Nawas B, Kämmerer PW. Combination of an allogenic and a xenogenic bone substitute material with injectable platelet-rich fibrin – A comparative in vitro study. J of Bio Appli. 2020;35:83-96.