A A Holistic Approach of Rehabilitating Maxillary Central Incisors with Complicated Crown Root Fracture - A Case Report
Traumatic injury to anterior teeth is frequent in children and adolescents owing to an active lifestyle. Proclined maxillary incisors are more prone to fracture due to their location in the oral cavity. Complicated crown root fractures present endodontic, restorative and aesthetic challenge and requires a multidisciplinary treatment approach to achieve predictable success. This case report describes, multidisciplinary management of such complicated crown root fractures following traumatic injury.
2. Fournier A. Orthodontic management of subgingivally fractured teeth. J Clin Orthod. 1981;15(7):502–3.
3. Bourguignon C, Cohenca N, Lauridsen E, Flores MT, O’Connell AC, Day PF, et al. International Association of Dental Traumatology guidelines for the management of traumatic dental injuries: 1. Fractures and luxations. Dent Traumatol. 2020;36(4):314–30.
4. Scotti N, Pasqualini D, Berutti E, Zarone F, Di Mauro MI, Ausiello P, et al. Reattachment of anterior teeth fragments using a modified Simonsen’s technique after dental trauma: Report of a case. Dent Traumatol [Internet]. 2011;28(1):1–14. Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.gien.2014.05.002
5. Fidel SR, Fidel-Junior RAS, Sassone LM, Murad CF, Fidel RAS. Clinical management of a complicated crown-root fracture: A case report. Braz Dent J. 2011;22(3):258–62.
6. Ganji KK, Patil VA, John J. A comparative evaluation for biologic width following surgical crown lengthening using Gingivectomy and Ostectomy procedure. Int J Dent. 2012;2012.
7. Namineni S, Mohammad Z, Bagalkotkar A, Penmetcha S. A Novel Approach to extrude Subgingivally Fractured Tooth using Customized Removable Appliance. Int J Clin Pediatr Dent. 2018;11(1):53–7.
8. Jais PS, Shah RP, Sinhal TM. Esthetic Rehabilitation Of Endodontically Compromised Teeth Using Glass-Fibre-Reinforced Posts : A Case Series. 2016;15(2):70–4.
9. Talat M. Beltagy. Rehabilitation of compromised permanent incisors with anatomically adjustable fiber post. Tanta Dent J. 2018;15:52–9.
10. GC america. everStick ® from GC fiber reinforcements for daily dentistry. 20113.
11. Zarone F, Di Mauro MI, Ausiello P, Ruggiero G, Sorrentino R. Current status on lithium disilicate and zirconia: A narrative review. BMC Oral Health. 2019;19(1):1–14.