Treatment of Vertical Intrabony Defect using a Novel Entire Papilla Preservation Flap Technique with bone graft and Titanium Platelet Rich Fibrin: A Case Report
Entire Papilla preservation Flap Case Report
Treatment of intrabony defects is always a difficult task to manage for a periodontist. Various problems have been encountered like black triangle, increased food lodgement, plaque accumulation and ultimately failure of procedure were experienced. Thus more conservative approaches like papilla preservation flaps and Non-incised Papillae surgical approaches are preferred. But due to drawbacks of existent techniques there was an introduction of novel surgical technique, the Entire Papilla preservation Flap (EPPF). The present case report is a detailed description of treatment of vertical intrabony defect using EPPF technique, bone graft and titanium platelet rich fibrin membrane with 9 months follow up.
2. Chen L, Ding Y, Cheng G, Meng S. Use of platelet-rich fibrin in the treatment of periodontal intrabony defects: a systematic review and meta-analysis. BioMed Res Int. 2021 Feb 4;2021:1-13. doi: 10.1155/2021/6669168.
3. Siaili M, Chatzopoulou D, Gillam D. An overview of periodontal regenerative procedures for the general dental practitioner. Saudi Dent J. 2018 Jan;30(1): 26-37. doi: 10.1016/j.sdentj.2017.11.001.
4. di Ricerca Odontostomatologica AT. Entire papilla preservation technique: a novel surgical approach for regenerative treatment of deep and wide intrabony defects. Int J Periodontics Restorative Dent. 2017 Mar/Apr;37(2):227-33. doi: 10.11607/prd.2584.
5. Tunalı M, Özdemir H, Küçükodacı Z, Akman S, Fıratlı E. In vivo evaluation of titanium-prepared platelet-rich fibrin (T-PRF): a new platelet concentrate. Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2013 Jul;51(5):438-43. doi: 10.1016/j.bjoms.2012.08.003.
6. Gummaluri SS, Bhattacharya HS, Astekar M, Cheruvu S. Evaluation of titanium-prepared platelet-rich fibrin and leucocyte platelet-rich fibrin in the treatment of intra-bony defects: A randomized clinical trial. J Dent Res, Dent Clin Dent Prospects. 2020;14(2):83-91. doi: 10.34172/joddd.2020.020
7. Mitra DK, Potdar PN, Prithyani SS, Rodrigues SV, Shetty GP, Talati MA. Comparative study using autologous platelet-rich fibrin and titanium prepared platelet-rich fibrin in the treatment of infrabony defects: An in vitro and in vivo study. J Indian Soc Periodontol. 2019 Nov-Dec;23(6):554-61. doi: 10.4103/jisp.jisp_562_18.
8. Aslan S, Buduneli N, Cortellini P. Clinical outcomes of the entire papilla preservation technique with and without biomaterials in the treatment of isolated intrabony defects: A randomized controlled clinical trial. J Clin Periodontol. 2020 Apr;47(4):470-8. doi: 10.1111/jcpe.13255
9. Zucchelli G, Mele M, Mazzotti C, Marzadori M, Montebugnoli L, De Sanctis M. Coronally advanced flap with and without vertical releasing incisions for the treatment of multiple gingival recessions: a comparative controlled randomized clinical trial. J Periodontol. 2009 Jul;80(7):1083-94. doi: 10.1902/jop.2009.090041