A Novel Technique for Intraradicular Rehabilitation Using Mta and Light Transmitting Fibre Post: A Case Report
Restoring an endodontically treated teeth may become problematic due to inadequate sound radicular structure. In such cases where apices are flared ,its even more challenging to debride the canal and control the obturating material within the canal. Regarding rehabilitating the radicular structure; cast post have been used since older times. But it resulted in catastrophic root fracture with reduced remaining dentinal thickness, shadowing and graying of root and discoloration at the tooth’s gingival margin. Hence This case report presents a clinical case where intraradicular rehabilitation is done using MTA and light transimitting fibre post .
2. LuiJL. Composite resin reinforcement of flared canals using light-transmitting plastic posts. Quintessence international. 1994 May 1;25(5).
3. Witherspoon DE, Small JC, Regan JD, Nunn M. Retrospective analysis of open apex teeth obturatedwith mineral trioxide aggregate. J Endod. 2008; 34:1171-6.
4. KomabayashiT, SpångbergLS. Comparative analysis of the particle size and shape of commercially available mineral trioxide aggregates and Portland cement: A study with a flow particle image analyzer. J Endod. 2008; 34:94-8.
5. GadeP, GadeHS, GadeN. A novel technique for intraradicularrehabilitation using MTA, fiber post and composite: A case report. IntJ ApplDent Sci. 2016;2(1):17-9.
6. Saupe WA. A comparative study of fracture resistance between morphologic dowel and cores and a resinreinforced dowel system in the intraradicular restoration of structurally compromised roots. Quintessence Int.1996; 27:483-91.
7. Gutmann JL. Preparation of endodontically treated teeth to receive a post-core restoration.J Prosthet Dent 1977;38:413-419.
8. Apexification: a review. Dent Traumatol. 2005; 21:1-8.
9. TjanAHL, WhangSB. Resistance to root fracture of dowel channels with various thickness of buccaldentin walls. J ProsthetDent1985;53(4):496-500.
10. Robert Lawley. Evaluation of ultrasonically placed MTA and fracture resistance with intracanal composite resin in a model of apexification. Journal of Endodontics. 2004; 30(3):167-172.