Endodontic management of Mandibular Premolar with Two Roots
- A Case Report
Thorough knowledge about the anatomy and morphology of tooth root canal system is the key for successful outcome of endodontic treatment. False assumptions about the canal anatomy of teeth may lead to misdiagnosis, missed canals, improper debridement and breakage of instruments within the root canal during treatment and moreover the persistent pain to patient. Teeth often shows changes in their anatomy of the pulp chamber and root canal system which brings challenge to clinician. Mandibular first premolar shows very low incidence of variations in its root canal system. But for successful root canal treatment these variations had to be kept in mind and to take in consideration for proper cleaning and shaping.
2. Sharma D, Hada S Y, Choudhary H, Tiwari T Rare Variation in Root Canals of Mandibular, Canine and Premolar Teeth RUHS Journal of Health Sciences. 2017;(2):3.
3. Sharma D, Sawhney A, Das D, Srivastava A Mandibular first premolar with two roots: A Case Report. Rama Univ J Dent Sci. 2017;4(2):26-29.
4. Ramdas R et at, Management of Mandibular Premolar with Two Roots: Two Case Reports Journal of Dental and Medical Sciences (IOSR-JDMS). 2017;(16):5.
5. Dr. S. Hemanth, Dr. Sujatha I, Dr. Krishna V, Dr. Jayalakshmi K.B Endodontic Management of Mandibular Second Premolar Having Type-V Vertucci Canal Configuration – Case Series Saudi Journal of Oral and Dental Research. 2017;(2):3.
6. Scott GR, Turner CG. Anthropology of modern human teeth. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1997, 382
7. Kararia N, Chaudhary A, and Kararia V Mandibular left first premolar with two roots: A morphological oddity Contemp Clin Dent. 2012; 3(2): 234–236.
8. Prasanna Neelakantan, Chandana Subbarao, Chandragiri V. Subbarao, Comparative Evaluation of Modified Canal Staining andClearing Technique, Cone-Beam Computed Tomography, Peripheral Quantitative Computed Tomography, Spiral Computed Tomography, and Plain and Contrast Medium–enhanced Digital Radiography in Studying Root Canal Morphology JOE. 2010; (36): 9.
9. Vyoma S, Rupal V, Shraddha C, Zarna S, Pruthvi P, Kinha T. Evaluation of root and canal morphology of mandibular premolars in urban Indian population: an in-vivo cone beam computed tomographic study /ijmdsjssmes/2016/v5i2/100610