Adenomatoid Odontogenic Tumour Associated With Dentigerous Cyst: A Rare Case Report
Adenomatoid Odontogenic tumour is an uncommon benign lesion of odontogenic origin which affects young individuals mostly in second decade of life, with a female predominance. AOT is most commonly located in anterior maxilla usually associated with impacted canine. Through this paper we present a rare entity - Adenomatoid Odontogenic tumour with dentigerous cyst associated to impacted canine and lateral incisor in anterior maxilla in a 15 year old male patient.
2. Gupta S, Singh K, Ghosh S, Gupta S. Adenomatoid odontogenic tumor with dentigerous cyst: Report of an unusual Case. J Indian Acad Oral Med Radiol. 2016;28(4):453-7.
3. Philipsen HP, Reichart PA, Siar CH, Ng KH, Lau SH, Zhang X, et al. An updated clinical and epidemiological profile of the adenomatoid odontogenic tumour: A collaborative retrospective study. J Oral Pathol Med 2007;36:383‑93.
4. Sreenivas SD, Lalita CS, Harsha G, Rao VC. Multiple pathology in a single lesion: AOT associated with dentigerous cyst. J Maxillofac Oral Surg 2015;14:S215‑21.
5. John JB, John RR. Adenomatoid odontogenic tumor associated with dentigerous cyst in posterior maxilla: A case report and review of literature. J Oral Maxillofac Pathol 2010;14(2):59‑62.
6. Latti BR, Kalburge JV; Dentigerous cyst associated with Adenomatoid Odontogenic tumor (AOT) A Rare Case Report and Review of Literature; Journal of Medical Science 2013;1(2):44-7.
7. Kumar AC, Reddy J, Gupta S, Raghav N, Bagga M. An unusual site of adenomatoid odontogenic tumor presenting as periapical cyst; A Rare case report. J Indian Acad Oral Med Radiol 2010;22:39-41.
8. Lee JK, Lee KB, Hwang BN. Adenomatoid odontogenic tumor: A case report. J Oral Maxillofac Surg; 2000;58:1161–64.
9. Garcia-Pola Vallejo M, Gonzalez Garcia M, Lopez-Arranz JS, Herrero Zapatero. Adenomatoid odontogenic tumor arising in a dental cyst: Report of an unusual case. J Clin Pediatr Dent 1998;23:55-8.
10. Chakraborty R, Sen S, Goyal K, Pandya D. “Two third tumor”: A case report and its differential diagnosis. J Family Med Prim Care 2019;8:2140-3.
11. Garcia-Pola Vallejo M, Gonzalez Garcia M, Lopez-Arranz JS, Herrero Zapatero A. Adenomatoid odontogenic tumor arising in a dental cyst: report of unusual case. J Clin Pediatr Dent 1998;23(1):55–8.
12. Tajima Y, Sakamoto E, Yamamoto Y. Odontogenic cyst giving rise to an adenomatoid odontogenic tumor: report of a case with peculiar features. J Oral Maxillofac Surg 1992;50(2):190–3.
13. Warter A, George-Diolombi G, Chazal M, Ango A. Melanin in a dentigerous cyst and associated adenomatoid odontogenic tumor. Cancer 1990;66(4):786–8.
14. Sandhu SV, Narang RS, Jawanda M, Rai S. Adenomatoid odontogenic tumor associated with dentigerous cyst of the maxillary antrum: a rare entity. J Oral Maxillofac Pathol 2010;14(1):24–8.
15. Valderrama LS. Dentigerous cyst with intracystic adenomatoid odontogenic tumor and complex odontoma. J Philipp Dent Assoc 1989;41(3):35–41.
16. Takahashi K, Yoshino T, Hashimoto S. Unusually large cystic adenomatoid odontogenic tumour of the maxilla: case report. Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 2001;30(2):173–5.
17. Bravo M, White D, Miles L, Cotton R. Adenomatoid odontogenic tumor mimicking a dentigerous cyst. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 2005;69(12):1685–8.
18. Nonaka CF, de Souza LB, Quindere´ LB. Adenomatoid odontogenic tumour associated with dentigerous cyst—unusual case report. Braz J Otorhinolaryngol 2007;73(1):129–31.
19. John JB, John RR. Adenomatoid odontogenic tumor associated with dentigerous cyst in posterior maxilla: a case report and review of literature. J Oral Maxillofac Pathol 2010;14(2):59–62..
20. Moosvi Z, Tayaar SA, Kumar GS. Neoplastic potential of odontogenic cysts. Contemp Clin Dent 2011;2(2):106–9.
21. Chakraborty R, Sen S, Goyal K, Pandya D.”Two third tumor”: A case report and its differential diagnosis. J Family Med Prim Care. 2019;8:2140-3.