Orthodontic extrusion of a subgingivally fractured maxillary central incisor using 'J' hook: A Multidisciplinary case report.
Orthodontic extrusion using " J" hook.
Traumatic injuries to permanent maxillary anterior teeth are seen commonly in children. Restoration of these traumatically injured teeth are always a clinical challenge for a predictable aesthetic outcome. This case report describes a multidisciplinary approach of a subgingivally fractured maxillary permanent central incisor by endodontic therapy, orthodontic extrusion using J-hook, fiber post placement, core build-up followed by surgical gingival recountouring using electro-cautery to reestablish the biological width. Finally esthetics was restored using porcelain fused to metal crown.
2. Turgut MD, Gonul N, Altay N. Multiple complicated crown-root fracture of a permanent incisor. Dent Traumatol2004;20:288-92.
3. Zerman NN, Cavalleri G. Traumatic injuries to permanent incisors. Endod Dent Traumatol1993;9:61-4.
4. Johnson RH. Lengthening clinical crowns. J Am Dent Assoc 1990;121:473-6.
5. Ivery DW, Calhoun RL, Kemp WB, Dorfman HS,Wheless JE. Orthodontic extrusion: Its use in pediatric dentistry. J Orosthet Dent 1980;43:401-7.
6. Potashnick SR, Rosenberg ES. Forced eruption: Principles in periodontics and restorative dentistry. J Prosthet Dent 1982;48;141-8.
7. Welbury R, Kinirons MJ, Day P, Humphreys K, Gregg TA. Outcomes for root-fractured permanent incisors: A retrospective study. Pediatr Dent 2002;24:98-102.
8. Kocadereli I, Tasman F, Guner SB. Combined endodontic-orthodontic and prosthodontic treatment of fractured teeth. Case the tooth was in new corrected position report. Aust Dent J 1998;43:28-31.
9. Ingle JI, Bakland LK. Endodontics. 5thed. Hamilton (ON):BC Decker,2002.
10. Nakamura T, OhyamaT,Waki T, Kinuta S, Wakabayashi K, Mutobe Y, et al. Stress analysis of endodontically treated anterior teeth restored with different types of post material. Dent Mater J 2006;25:145-50.
11. Camargo PM, Melnick PR, Camargo LM. Clinical crown lengthening in the esthetic zone. J Calif Dent Assoc 2007;35(7):487-98.